Saturday, December 4, 2010

I ran 14

This morning was my 14 mile run.  I did it.  I got it done.  It wasn't the easiest run I have ever had.  I was tired from the start, but I was determined to gut it out. 

My mind had plenty of time to wonder while I was running for over 2 hours and 37 minutes.  (I'm slow).  I wondered what other people thought about when they were running.  I wondered what other runners thought about when they pasted other runners?  Who thought of GU and why?  What crazy stuff do they put in GU? Do I look like I am going to fall on my face?  Did that guy really need put that much of a lift on his truck?  And the list goes on. 

I also had time to figure out how much sleep I have been getting over the last week and a half.  I realized, not much.  Most night I get about 5 hours of sleep or less.  I just didn't realize how little sleep I was getting, because once I am up, I'm up.  So that needs to change for the next week.  Especially if I plan to run 16 miles next week. 

When I got home I also realized that I could have done the White Rock Half Marathon this weekend.  While I was pregnant, the thought had crossed my mind.  However, I just didn't think that I would be anywhere near ready in 4 months postpartum.  Surprise!  I am.  According to my Garmin, I ran 13 miles under 2 hours and 30 minutes, which was my goal for my first half marathon in 4 weeks.  My husband said I needed a new goal. 

I have been stretching a lot since I got home from my run this morning so that hopefully I will be able to walk tomorrow. 

Good Luck to those running in White Rock tomorrow!  I will be watching.

2 comments:

  1. Way to go on 14! Kelly and I have done up to 13, with our 14 still a few weeks away (we had a few extra weeks so we hit 13 then bumped our long runs to 10,11,12 etc again) since our race isn't until January. My husband will be at the marathon tomorrow, I'll be there with the kids to cheer him on :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great run! Congrats! My mind wanders a lot too while I'm running. It's good you realized your lack of sleep; hopefully you'll be able to get a little more this next week and maybe it will help give you more energy for your next long run!

    ReplyDelete