Monday, November 22, 2010

I had an itch I had to scratch

Today was suppose to be my day off from half marathon training.  I had run 10 miles on Saturday.  I ran 2 yesterday at a very slow pace, even for me.  During my run yesterday, I was tired, my legs were sore, I was doing good to finish those 2 miles.

However, today I felt pretty good.  My legs were a little sore, but they felt remarkably better than they did yesterday.  I had decided to stick to my training plan this time and not get to ahead of myself.  I don't want to burn myself out because I have some really big plans for the next 6 months.  We went on a walk so, I could get some exercise in, we could get out of the house for the morning and it was a nice warm day, we couldn't waste it.

We then attended a fall potluck, where I indulged in too much pumpkin bread.

I continued to indulged once we were back home during dinner preparation.  (I need to make sure that what I feed the boys and my husband tastes good, right?)  So when my husband got home I needed to go run.  I felt gross and I knew it would make me feel better.  Just a mile.  Just to get out and sweat a little. 

So I went.  I ran 1.2 miles, pushing Thing 2.  (He has really been wanting to go everywhere with me lately.)  It felt good.  My time wasn't great, but that wasn't the point.  I just wanted to run.

When I got home I felt so much better.  It was almost like all my anxiety was gone.  It is amazing what just one little mile can do.


That was my itch I had to scratch.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you for getting out there when your body was begging for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Aimee. Thanks for joining my journey of running through life. I am looking forward to reading up on your running experinces. I hope we can inspire and encourage each other along the way.

    OMGoodness! I thought I was crazy pushing my little one. I don't think I could manage 3! You must have amazing upper body strength. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete