Friday, November 19, 2010

Staying Hydrated

I live in Texas.  I sweat like a pig, I don’t glisten, I sweat.  I’m breastfeeding.  I have hypothyroidism.  

All of these things make it hard for me to stay hydrated.  I would love to be able to walk around with a glass of water, but that is not an option.  I have kids, three boys to be exact.  They see water as a toy.  Something that should be poured on the ground or on themselves.  So it is not an option.  

Lately I have been trying a couple of different ideas to try to consume more water.
My first idea.  I bought several water bottles  so that I could have them hanging out around the house in the rooms I travel to most frequently. 

However, that option does not work with three boys in the house, (two that actually drink water).  If I can even find the bottle, most of the time the water bottles are empty.  If I am drinking from a bottle, someone else needs a drink too.  How can I resist such cute faces? 

My second idea is to set my watch timer for an hour.  Then every time the timer goes off, I go and drink a glass of water.  I am currently testing this idea out. 

So far it has worked pretty well, however, I have noticed two drawbacks so far.  One, the timer doesn’t always go off at the best time (while feeding my 3 months old, bigger boys nap time).  Secondly, I have been forgetting to set the timer back (oops!). 

What things do you do to help you stay hydrated?  Or am I the only mommy with this problem?

No comments:

Post a Comment