Thursday, December 16, 2010

Tired

I was scheduled to run 4 miles today, but because of my sons pre school Christmas party I only had time for two miles.  Honestly, I was relieved that I only had time for two.  I'm tired.

The holidays are a busy time, and because my husband travels 4 days a week, a lot more of the holiday duties have fallen to me this year.

Thing 3 has not been sleeping well, actually he is sleeping worse now than he did when we first brought him home.  So I haven't been getting much sleep.

Over the last 2 months our family has lost several important people to death and moving. Add that to being hormonal from having a baby and nursing.  Emotionally I am drained.

All of these things have lead me to reconsider my lofty goals for next year.  I will be running my first half marathon on January 1.  I will continue to raise money and run in Rock 'n' Roll Dallas Half Marathon on March 27.  However, I am starting to rethink running a full marathon on May 1.

 I'm not worried about physically being able to run a full.  I am more concerned about the time commitment.  I am not fast.  My 16 mile run on Saturday took me 3 hours.  My runs are only going to get longer.  Do I really want to be away from my boys and husband that much every week? 

I have thought that instead of doing a full, that maybe I can add a few more half marathons and aim for the Dallas White Rock Marathon next December, if I still want to at that time.  It would be easier to train for a full marathon when I am not nursing.  This would also give the opportunity to work on speed, so that it wouldn't take me forever to run a full.

Who knows, I may change my mind again once the holidays are over. Only time will tell.  Right now I am just tired.

1 comment:

  1. It's hard being a mom and making the time to run that much! You're progressing so fast, don't sweat that marathon, you'll get there!;)

    ReplyDelete