Friday, March 4, 2011

My 30 Day Challenge to Myself

What I have discovered is that I tend to be an all or nothing kind of gal.  If I am going to do something, I tend to go all out or not at all.  It is no secret that I have been struggling with my weight.  Three kids in 3.5 years, nursing, thyroid disorder, and unhealthy eating habits have landed me at my current weight.  

After reading some pretty inspiring blogs, I am finally, fully ready to get my act together and make a change.  So over the past 2 weeks I have spent less time on the computer and more time devising my plan.  I even typed out my plan and gave a copy to my husband, so that he is fully aware of what I am doing and what my intentions are.  Besides my reward will require some spending of some dollars.  

Here is a copy of the page I have sent to him:

30 Day Healthy Eating Kickoff Challenge
Goal:  For me (and the boys) eat a healthier more natural diet.  Eating more fruits and veggies and little to no processed foods.  I want to make these healthy changes habits.    
Reward: To be determined. 
Start Date:  March 1, 2011                 End Date:  March 30, 2011

Rules:  Must do things in order to get my reward.
1.      Track every bite of food that is put into my mouth.  I will be using the BabyFit website, since I am still nursing.
2.      Must complete 30 minutes of some sort of cardio exercise daily.  It can be running, walking, jumping on the trampoline, something off of Exercise TV, etc.  Record on fitness page of BabyFit website. 
3.      Weight training daily.  I will also record what exercises and the amounts I did in the notes section of on the BabyFit website.   The fitness tab.
4.      Ab exercises daily.  It can be at least 500 if I am counting or 20 minutes of a workout video. Record on the fitness page of BabyFit..
5.      Pushups.  At least 3 sets of 15 daily.  Record on fitness page of BabyFit
6.      At least 5 minutes of stretching daily.  Record on fitness page of BabyFit. 


I bought a food scale so that I can learn what a portion looks like.  I have always had a portion control problem, so this is helping and eye opening.
My food choices have been much different.  The only processed anything I have had has been the whole wheat bread, Ritz crackers, animal crackers, and the snickers I had today (it was a present from my husband who forgot about my new plan.)  The first three days I didn't feel so great.  It was kind of like going through withdraw.  However, I felt great today. 
The first 2 days, since I am aware that I will be recording what I am eating, I have actually ate less than recommended.   Yesterday I was perfect and today I went a bit over, but I was really hungry after spending 3 hours outside raking leaves and pulling up weeds and bushes.
I am really excited to see where this take me and my family. 
I will have a more running related update tomorrow.

Sorry for the weird formatting.  I can't get it fixed and honestly, I don't want to take the time.  I am ready for bed.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment