After taking last week completely off, and running very little the three weeks before that, I am happy to report that I have had a great week. I have actually run 6 days in a row. Since Tuesday, when I started my 30 day challenge, I have ran 3 miles everyday, except for Saturday (I only ran 2 miles.) It has felt great!
Don't get me wrong, this weeks return to running hasn't been easy. My longest run this week has only been 3.4 miles. I have run some of the slowest miles since the second week after Thing 3 was born. My muscles are in a little bit of shock, but in a good way. However, my 3 mile run today, I averaged 10:29 minute miles pushing the double stroller.
I am so thankful that I decided to take a break last week. I feel like I have hit the reset button, not on just my running, but my eating habits. I have been eating mainly fruits and vegetables and I have felt so much better for it. The boys and I ate spaghetti squash for the first time this week and we loved it. Last night, however, I did eat pizza. (We had several families over and pizza is cheap and easy.) My body can tell I had that pizza, it felt like a brick in my stomach all night last night. I was glad to be back to healthy eating againn today and I am excited to try some new recipes.
I am excited for the week ahead. I feel great. I haven't had to take a nap in the last 3 days, which is great and rare. It means that my thyroid levels must finally be getting to the right place. Also, I think the change in my diet has helped with my energy level. Yay!
Bring on week 2 of my 30 day challenge!
I'm so glad to hear that this week was better for you! I'm sure it must feel great! I hope this week is even better!
ReplyDelete