Monday, January 31, 2011

Winter Weather Advisory

This is just a warning to all of those reading that there will not be much talk of running here this week.  The next massive cold front is on it way and that means sleet and possibly some snow here tomorrow.  The temperatures will only be getting colder after midnight tonight and on top of all the cold it is supposed to be really windy, like 40 mph gusts.  All of this after highs in the 60s and low 70s over the weekend.

I know to those of you who live north of here (Dallas/Fort Worth, TX), winter weather like this doesn't stop you from running.  And honestly, if there wasn't any ice, I would probably be out running in it, if I could find the appropriate clothing hidden somewhere in the back of my closet.  However, I am a mom to three skinny little Texas boys, who do not own enough clothing to keep them warm while I would be pushing them in the stroller (my husband works out of town every week so if I want to run during the week they have to go with me.)Thus, there will be very little running until maybe Friday, when my husband is home or Saturday when I do my long run for the week.

However, this wonderful winter weather does work well into my training schedule, because this weeks long run in only 8 miles.  So it was going to be a lighter week for me anyway on both my original plan for 2011 or my crazy marathon idea where I will be running my first marathon May 1.

Since I know I will be house bound for the next three days or so (at least we have a playgroup at our house on Wednesday for the boys) I thought I might use this time to try out somethings on Exercise TV.  Spend some time stretching really well.  And maybe using my stairs for a cross training workout.  Who knows.  It will all depend on how crazy my boys get being cooped up in the house for three days.

Here is to some crazy Texas weather!  

4 comments:

  1. Exercise TV is great, or you could just call it a CORE break? good luck not getting cabin fever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Aimee! Good luck being house bound - I understand! (the playgroup on Wednesday will be great!) We have this thing in MD called a "wintry mix". It is really bad. Not fun like snow (sometimes we get snow) - just a lot of yucky ice, sleet, and rain. I also wanted to tell you ( in response to your question!) that we homeschool, and I have older kids (oldest is 13) to babysit while I run (on the treadmill in our garage). I remember how hard it was to do anything, though, when all the kids are little. Good luck with your training for the rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog through Amy's blog (Party of Nine)! I have three boys and am running my first marathon in March! I look forward to getting to know you through your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad to know someone else struggles with cabin fever! I got insane after 1 day! Hope you get to get out and go run this weekend! I am ready for spring already!

    ReplyDelete