It is still cold here in the Dallas area. Many of the streets in my neighborhood are still covered in ice. School are cancelled again for tomorrow, for the fourth day. The boys and I have been stuck in the house, and I haven't been able to exercise.
My intentions were good, however, I have had some strange circumstances that have prevented me from getting my exercise on in the mornings. On Tuesday night we lost power at our house which lead to every smoke detector going off in the house, scaring the boys to death. You can read more about that story HERE. So unless you count the, who knows how many times I went up and down the stairs as exercise. My workouts have been no existent this week.
Luckily, this was a super light week on my training plan and the weather is suppose to warm up to the 40s on Saturday, so I will be out getting my run on then. It is also suppose to be warmer on Sunday, so I at this point I am planning another long run to help make up for some of my missed mileage this week. Oh, and did I mention, there are more possibilities for snow next week. YAY, NOT!
I just wanted to give a quick update as to how my marathon training was going. HA!
Gosh it seems like most of the country is dealing with weather issues in one way or another. Glad it's not throwing you off of your plan.
ReplyDeleteI know exactly how you feel, her is Kansas City we are going through same thing (kids out all week)! I finally was able to get out today to gym, got 5.14 miles in on treadmill. I am training for my first 1/2 marathon in April and found your site through Run for Bling of it and am now following!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Christy
http://skinnywhome.blogspot.com/
I saw that on the news today! Crazy! I'm glad for you it isn't throwing you off!
ReplyDeleteKeep battling that weather. The marathon stops for no one!
ReplyDelete