Sunday, February 13, 2011

10 and 13 they are the same, right?

Yes, I am still alive.  I just haven't written a post in a while.  For one, I haven't done much running, thank you weather.  Two, I have just needed a little break from the computer for a little bit.  But I am back, the weather this week is suppose to be beautiful here in North Texas, and I am excited to be able to get in some miles.

I did have my 4th run in the last two weeks on Saturday.  My plan called for 13 miles, however, due to the super cold weather, I haven't run much at all.  To be honest, I was very nervous about my run.  It had been so long.  I just wasn't sure what my body was going to say about trying to run 13 miles. 

When I left the house Saturday morning, my goal was to run and see what happened.  I didn't have a pace in mind.  I knew my training plan called for 13 miles, if I did it awesome, if not, it would be ok.  I just wanted/needed to run and I didn't want to hurt myself.

This was probably one of the most difficult runs I had done in a long time.  I tried to just find a comfortable pace, but that never happened.  My stride felt uncomfortable.  My feet were hurting.  My legs were confused.  It just wasn't pretty. 

Five miles from my house, I decided it was time to turn around and head back home.  My right hamstring was starting to talk to me.  I didn't want to hurt myself.   

I am happy with those 10 miles that I ran.  Honestly, I could have pushed and done all 13, but I don't feel like it would have been much benefit to me.  I finished all 10 miles at an average 11:13 minute mile pace.  Definitely, some of my slowest work in a while, but I have not run in almost 2 weeks.  My three runs prior to this run were 4 miles, 3 miles and 2 miles.  So, those 10 miles were as good as 13 to me.  I know I will be back on track in no time.

Later Saturday evening, I headed out for a walk with Thing 3.  We got a lot of funny looks at the park, since Thing 3 was the only kid in the double stroller (at least it wasn't the triple.)  However, that walk and a little massage and I have felt great today.  I didn't get my 3 mile run in today, due to my getting sick this morning.  (I did start to feel better after everything was gone from my stomach.)  I will be getting out tomorrow, with the boys the enjoy a run.  Yay for warmer weather!

  

2 comments:

  1. Heck yeah you should be proud of your 10. Hope you feel better and the weather cooperates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen for warmer weather!!! Great job on the 10 miles!!!

    ReplyDelete