Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Another Beautiful Day

The weather was beautiful here again today in North Texas.  We woke up to 60 degrees and got up to the mid 70s.  YAY!  This is so the kind of weather I needed.  It is just like spring, and I am trying to enjoy every minute of it.

My plan called for 3 miles.  I have been making this run an interval run, but since I haven't done a lot of running the last two weeks, I thought it would be best just to run.  Besides, I am also having to get used to pushing the strollers again.  I think my kids have all gained like 10 pounds. 

My legs are a little tired today.  However, I know it is just because my legs are in shock from all the running, all of a sudden.  They had hardly moved the last two weeks, and suddenly, I am expecting them to run every day.  I am having a rest day tomorrow since I will be taking my boys to the zoo, since the weather will be awesome again.  It is really hard to get in a run on the days we go to the zoo, but I will be doing lots of walking and lifting, so it will be like a cross training day.

I am having a hard time finding a rhythm right now, but I know that once my legs are done being in shock, everything will fall back into place.  I also am still having to get used to pushing the strollers, I guess it had been closer to 3 weeks since I had pushed a stroller on a run. 

I am excited.  I feel like I everything is starting to fall back into place after my unintentional breaks due to the crazy cold weather.  Maybe I will feel prepared to do a marathon in May after all.

YAY for warm weather!

2 comments:

  1. I am thrilled to have the warmer weather as well... the two weeks of ice/snow were a killer! Glad you are back at it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honk Honk for warm weather. It has been gorgeous here also. Way to go on your running. Every little bit helps. You are so going to be ready for May.

    I dont think I could push a jogging stroller. haha

    ReplyDelete